Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life lessons from Beckham: Patience

       


       A week and a half after Beckham was born I now have a much clearer picture of God as our Father.  More than anything, I see myself as God’s son.  God’s whining, complaining, and screaming son.  God’s son who is so impatient that I will complain and fuss until I get what I want.  

       When Beckham is hungry or just thinks he’s hungry he will scream inconsolably until he is fed.  I realized I do the same thing with God.  When I feel I need something I will constantly complain to my heavenly Father because I want it in that moment.  God is constantly telling me to be patient, but most of the time my impatience causes me to act like my screaming son.

Why is patience so difficult?  It goes against our sinful thoughts that life is all about us.


"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry."
                                                                          Psalm 40:1 

1 comment:

  1. I like your connections and the visible picture of how we often act towards God. Good to consider.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete