Saturday, August 3, 2013

"Beckham, let Mommy guide you."

       


       This has become a common saying in our house lately.  Every time I try to nurse Beckham, he tries to latch himself onto me which is very painful and doesn’t allow him to eat properly.  If he doesn’t do that then he just ends up biting into the air.  It is a constant battle of the wills.  He tries to do it himself, and I try to guide him so we are both happier in the end.  After the 50th time of saying “Beckham, let Mommy guide you,” I realized the Lord was gently saying to me “Jamie, let Me guide you.  Do you see now why it is better to let me guide you instead of you thinking you have to do things yourself all the time?”

       What an eye opening moment for me.  I do not like to have anyone do anything for me when I am perfectly capable of doing it myself.  But the Lord has been pointing out to me through my son that there are many times I think I can do something myself, but really I am biting into the air; I’m not accomplishing anything.  I need the Lord to direct what I do so that He is glorified and I receive His good.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.   Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment