Monday, October 14, 2013

Sometimes God uses you just through showing up

       Every free Sunday night I have now I try to make it to the Romanian Church in Reading.  It is an awesome opportunity to build relationships with Romanians as well as be around the Romanian language.
This Sunday God used my willingness just to go for His glory.  Before the message began, the pastor asked a man I had never seen at the church before to translate for me.  He was very hesitant and tried to refuse, but the pastor was persistent. 
       The man eventually did come translate for me.  Struggling to find the words he constantly apologizes for not translating very clearly and not knowing how to translate some words.  I continually tried to just encourage him saying, “It’s alright.  You’re doing really well!” 
       After the service was over he thanked me.  He didn’t thank me for the encouragement or something I said.  He thanked me simply for coming.  He told me, “I had so much on my mind tonight that I would have spent the whole service thinking about my own problems.  Having to translate for you caused me to have to follow the service.  God really wanted me to hear this sermon, and He knew I wouldn’t listen unless I had to translate.”

Praise the Lord that God can use us in ways we can never plan for and strive towards.  


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.  Isaiah 55:8


No comments:

Post a Comment